BARC – Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA), Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. The council has been established in 1973 with the aim of coordinating and organizing systematic agricultural research in the country. It is the apex body of National Agricultural Research System (NARS) of Bangladesh.
Dear readers, hope this post will help you to know a little about the Agriculture history, achievements, research’s and others related and important issues. For more information’s you can visit the links provided at the top of the post. Feel free to visit those sites of the Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh. Still the main occupation of the ordinary peoples of Bangladesh is Agriculture and Farming.
The Vision of BARC:
The vision of the BARC is to develop an efficient, effective and sustainable system of agricultural research promoting to increase standard of living, which would be adequate for well being of the people of Bangladesh.
The Mission of BARC:
The mission of the BARC is to strengthen and mobilize research capabilities of the institutes of the NARS (National Agricultural Research System), universities, private organizations and other stakeholders in partnership in the generation of appropriate technologies and information’s for the development of agriculture sector of Bangladesh.
Goals of BARC:
- Strengthen and consolidate the national agricultural research system of the country.
- Generate client-oriented or demand-driven appropriate technologies and services in Bangladesh.
- Planning, Funding, Coordinating and monitoring of various competitive research grants.
- Document and disseminate research outputs to stakeholders.
- Create research enabling environment through improved management and financial system.
- Improve administrative and financial set up for supporting research.
For more information’s about BARC, please visit the web portal of the organization.