Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute or BARI is the largest Crop research institute in Bangladesh. BARI is conducting research on various and a large number of crops, such as Cereals, Tubers, Pulses, Various Oilseeds, Vegetables, Fruits, Spices, Flowers, and lots of others.
Besides variety development in agriculture sector, this institute also carries out research on non-commodity areas, such as:
* Soil and Crop Management,
* Disease and Insect management,
* Irrigation and Water Management,
* Development of Farming Machinery,
* Improvement of Cropping and Farming System Management,
* Post-harvest Handling and Processing, and
* Socioeconomic studies related to production, marketing, and consumption.
As per the Organization BARI, The mandates of the Institute are as follows:
- Undertake research to ensure a stable and productive agriculture through scientific management of land, water, evaluation of new varieties of various agricultural products and development of appropriate technology and pest management methods;
- Provide farmers with information necessary for carrying out their farming business efficiently and profitably;
- Set up research centers, sub-stations, project areas and farms in different regions on various problems of agriculture;
- Carry out demonstration, tests or trial of new varieties of crops and their management practices;
- Publish annual reports, agricultural manuals, monographs, bulletins and other literature’s related to crop research and activities of the Institute;
- Train research and extension officers in the improved technology of crop production;
- Provide post-graduate research facilities:
- Organize seminars, symposium and workshops on selected problems which may offer specialists from different research institutes and stations opportunity to exchange ideas and be acquainted with the recent advancements in agriculture;
- Perform such other functions as may be necessary for the purpose of the Act.
Dear readers, To know further details about BARI – Bangladesh Agriculture Research Institute visit their site: http://www.bari.gov.bd/.
related other posts: